Women's Sexual Health & Wellness
Find Your Solution
Your Sexual Health is Part of Your Overall Wellness
A healthy sex life can be an important part of your overall health and wellness. With that in mind, our team at Stanley Specialty Pharmacy can help provide treatments for common sexual concerns. Whether hormonal imbalances, vaginal dryness or other concerns are impacting your sex life, our qualified team of pharmacists can provide a variety of treatments and healthy options that can help accommodate your personal goals.
As a compounding pharmacy, Stanley Specialty Pharmacy offers treatments or consultative services for a wide array of sexual concerns, including but not limited to:
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Low libido in women
- Anorgasmia (inability to orgasm)
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal atrophy
- Clitoral atrophy
- Vulvar pain (vulvodynia)
Women’s Sexual Wellness Concerns and Treatments
Our treatments are personal. Our consultative approach means prescribing patients the products that may help alleviate their concerns. We’ve listed some common women’s sexual wellness concerns and potential treatments below.
Low Libido in Women
Low libido can often be a byproduct of environmental stressors, physical changes such as pregnancy or menopause, or is sometimes a result of aging. There are treatments available that may help ease sexual intimacy, such as:
- Nitric oxide may help boost women’s libido, given that it may aid in boosting blood flow and hormone production. With this treatment, women could potentially see increased lubrication, making it a great option for vaginal dryness and alleviates painful intercourse.
- Natural hormone replacement therapy can provide enough hormones to your system to help stimulate your libido.
Pain During Intercourse
Pain during sexual intercourse is increasingly common among women, whether it’s due to vaginal dryness or vulvar pain. Depending on the reason behind the pain, different treatment options may be prescribed.
- Nitric oxide can be a promising treatment for vaginal dryness due to menopause or other age-related causes. This supplement could boost blood flow and hormone production, easing intercourse with increased lubrication.
- For vulvodynia, local anesthetics like lidocaine could help. There are also medications available, such as steroids or tricyclic antidepressants.
- Bliss Clinical a CBD-Infused Eno Relief Cream is available at Stanley Specialty Pharmacy. It can be used daily or just prior to intimacy.
For some women, having an orgasm can be difficult or impossible. Fortunately, there are several treatment routes available.
- A consultation to determine the source of anorgasmia can be a good place to start. If past trauma is involved, talk therapy to heal from that trauma may be in order.
- Some chronic health conditions like vulvodynia, vaginismus, arthritis and multiple sclerosis can be linked to orgasm difficulties in women.
- Certain medicines may be associated with anorgasmia. Some antidepressants, antihistamines and blood pressure medications could be the underlying culprit. It may be as simple as switching medications, after undergoing a health consultation. Our team is more than happy to help you learn your options with a consultation!
- Bliss from Ananda Professional is an over-the-counter CBD product formulated by a woman’s sexual health professional. It is formulated with natural products to help women and their partners have a more satisfying sexual experience.
- Sexual wellness products which help stimulate the clitoris are available at Stanley Specialty Pharmacy.
Often related to menopause, vaginal atrophy simply refers to vaginal tissue thinning or drying out due to a lack of estrogen. There are many treatment for this, including:
- Water-based lubricants or vaginal moisturizers can be a great starting point for treatment. These are easy to use and require application, respectively, just before intercourse or every few days.
- Natural hormone replacement therapy can provide enough hormones to your system to help stimulate your vaginal tissue again.
When the clitoris stops functioning as expected, this is referred to as clitoral atrophy. It can be associated with menopause but is rarer than vaginal atrophy. Restoring blood flow or estrogen to the clitoris can help treat this condition. Some options for treatment include:
- Natural hormone replacement therapy can provide hormones to the body, potentially helping restore clitoral activity.
- Nitric oxide could be used for this as well. With nitric oxide, blood flow could be stimulated enough to restore the clitoris.
- Cardio exercise, including a healthy sex life, can also help abate this condition.
- Manual stimulation or use of a sex toy can help bring blood flow to the clitoris. Stanley Specialty Pharmacy has a collection of this sexual wellness products available at our pharmacy.